Thursday, April 22, 2010

Diversion

Not only is this a diversion in my posts, it's a diversion in my life. 

It's official. 

My house has a for sale sign in the front yard now. 

boo hoo  We have to move to SW Georgia so the dr can complete his training.  We'll only be there two years and after that, who knows where we'll land. So I might as well put on my "big girl panties" and roll with the flow. 
We just bought this house a year ago and never dreamed we'd be moving so soon.  But... we have to go where there's a better opportunity for dr and, ultimately our family, as he'll have a better schedule.  
Ugh!  Hate having to stress over keeping the house spotless all the time. Good news is I've already had 2 inquiries with 2 showings.  Pray we can sell quickly in this slow market!

Saturday, I stood at the glass screen door and watched as dr drove the stakes in the ground.  A lot went through my mind in that moment.  All the days I've scoured thrift and Goodwill to find the perfect pieces, the flowers I've planted, sitting on the back porch listening to the crickets or watching the boys play football, having wonderful parties, grill outs and so many more memories.  All in just a short year.  I love my home, no matter where it may be.  And the next house will be my home just as much as this one.

Maybe you think I'm getting nostalgic too quick but I have to get it out of my system now so I can get busy with the job at hand.  I won't look back again until moving day when we pull out.  Then all these thoughts and emotions will come washing over me at once.  I'll cry, maybe for 1 mile, maybe for 10.  Then I'll dry it up and dream of my next place.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.....I know, all too well, moving. Your home is beautiful, but you will make the next one just as beautiful. Home is really the people inside, not the walls. I hope your home sells soon as you start the next adventure in your life.

Blondie's Journal said...

I know I would feel the same way you do, probably worse since I have been in my home so long and my babies learned to crawl on these floors. But I agree with Marla...you are going to make your new home just as lovely. And think of the new friends you will make as well.

I wish you much luck on the sale of your home!

xoxo
Jane

Anita said...

Everything eventually changes, doesn't it? But, the changes can be good or SO much better.
Best wishes for a calm and productive process as you go through the adjustments.

Your house is as lovely on the outside as it is in the inside. I know you'll miss it for a short while.

The Tuscan Home said...

Aww, I'm sorry you have to move. Your home is lovely. I'm envious, as I love to move just so I can decorate and buy new things...LOL! When one door closes, a better door often opens, right? Wishing you the best of luck in selling your home. It will be exciting to follow where you go and end up from here. I’m sure no matter where it is it will be a special place.

((Hugs)) and as Marla said...You are onto the next adventure in your life! =)

Brittany said...

I wish you the best of luck selling your home! I know too well the feelings you're having, we owned our last home for just a year. I admit, it was hard to leave, after putting so much work and love into it - BUT, now I love this house 10X more than the last one! So, yes, moving CAN be a good thing :)

Cindy said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have to move, but thank God you do have a good attitude. I know you will miss so much about this house as well as your church, but I know God has a wonderful plan for your life. And change is inevitable. I will be praying for you. Hugs, Cindy S
PS I'm so glad we are blogging pals, that way you can't move away from me.:)

Crystal said...

I have to think of moving as an aventure! It's so sad to move but you'll have another house to decorate, a different lawn to plant flowers in, a different place to explore, more memories to make. Good luck!

Elle Sees said...

Just found your blog and love it! I grew up in south GA about 2 hrs from Savannah. I'm in Atl now and loving it. Where in SW GA?