Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Greetings



Today is fall (at least that's what the calendar says) and I have no camera!  That's right, my camera died.  Guess I'll be shopping for a new one.  I need cheap.  Any suggestions?  I was all ready to show some autumn in The Borrowed House.  It'll have to wait.
(above photo courtesy of traveldestinationpictures.com)
This past weekend, we took a road trip to a little town called Thomasville.  It's where my hubby is doing one of his rotations.  He told me I'd love the town. He was right. Just adored it. Downtown is quite historic. My favorite were the homes. Here are glimpses from someone else's camera. 
  Let's go inside this one.   Beautiful staircase-










 
Love the door..
Nice columns...


I'd have to chop down those two trees covering the columns but I could certainly sit a spell here....


Inside -this staircase is so pretty and what a unique landing....
Closer up under the wainscoating looks like painted graphics or wallpaper?  Either one, it's beautiful.
Room for improvement here but look at the great bones.  Bead board and fab doors (sigh)...

Nice dining with plenty of windows. The hutch is driving me crazy.  Needs a buffet there...(easy to pick things a part when I don't live there.  My jealousy is showing. Forgive me.)

My hubby is now required to take me back to this quaint little place.  I want to stroll the streets and shop downtown.  Can't wait!
This is my idea of a delightful fall day!
(photos can be found here)

12 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

The homes are just beautiful. I love the color blue in the home you toured. I can't wait to see what the stores downtown hold for you!

xoxo
Jane

P.S. Check Overstock. com for a good bargain on cameras...that is where I got mine!

Cindy said...

I will meet you in Thomasville next Saturday at 9 am. What say we have breakfast there, then stroll the streets, peeking into the lovely old stores. Then for lunch...oh, I'd better wake up, I won't be going anywhere. But I can dream, can't I? I love stately old towns like that! And gorgeous old houses like you saw there. And I would love to spend a day with you.
HUgs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, beautiful homes. I love front porches. I have a porch that I'm always trying to achieve that comfy, welcoming look and it's hard for me. These homes make me want to move right in.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous homes. This looks like a nice place to spend some time. Enjoy your time. I look forward to seeing more of what is in Thomasville.

From the Kitchen said...

What a gorgeous place! I would be happy in any of those homes and strolling the streets.

I just purchased a new Canon Rebel T1i and am getting acquainted--so far, so good. It took me a long time to make a decision because they aren't cheap. Good luck with the decision.

Best,
Bonnie

Toyin O. said...

Pretty Houses!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Julie Harward said...

My idea too...love them all..I want to live there! :D

Janean said...

haven't been to thomasville but always wanted to go for the roses they grow!!!

lovely homes.

thanks for sharing. :)

Toyin O. said...

Just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and your gracious comment; to God be the glory. God bless.

Cindy said...

Hello again my friend,
Thanks for your comment today, but you didn't give me an opinion on my color dilemna for our church. Tell me what you think when you get a chance, please, with a cherry on top?
Love ya! Cindy

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

I love it! Fall is my favorite time of year! Thanks for stoppin by girlinair....I'm following back

Unknown said...

I love porches too, just like Marla. That's why I like staying in my brother's house. It's just sad that they're planning to relocate, probably in Tulsa. I hope they find a house for sale (Oklahoma) with a porch that's as big and cozy as the one they have right now.

Actually, they told me that they're having a hard time picking a house beacause there are too many options. They love all the houses in Tulsa! That's what I like about the city's real estate. Tulsa, Oklahoma homes are all well-made. Someday, when I have my own kids, I'd like to live there.